Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a Squirrel!!!


At our house the main living area is upstairs. Outside there are stairs you have to go up in order to make it to our front door. The kids had been playing outside most of the day and they came in occasionally, but they were fine and having fun. I thought someone was seriously hurt as all four of them came RUNNING up the stairs screaming. I know now that they were saying they had a squirrel, but at the time I had NO idea what they were saying just that it was important. I went to the front door only to find Mckenzie holding a squirrel they had caught outside. I immediately told them to let it go, it's wild, and it will bite right??? well it only bit Kenzie twice and all the kids wanted to hold it. I told them no and to let it go and as soon as it was free it jumped off our front porch which is a good 15 to 20 feet up. I think it figured it couldn't take any chances with getting caught again and it bailed....it lived and that was our Monday excitement:)

No comments:

Post a Comment